- The company was recently featured in the Japanese movie and TV series Densha Otoko, in which a set of teacups with the Hermès logo was given as a gift that lead to the union of the two main characters.
- The Hermès briefcase was recently mentioned in the song “Upgrade U” by R&B artist Beyoncé featuring Jay Z.
- The Hermès silk scarf was mentioned by name as the object used to tie down a person in bed in the film Basic Instinct.
- The Hermès silk scarf was mentioned in the book The Devil Wears Prada, and also in the 2006 movie based on the book starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. In the book, Miranda wears white Hermès scarves with nearly every outfit and leaves them everywhere she goes, then demands more of them, believing that they are easily replacable.
- The Birkin Bag is mentioned in the book Everyone Worth Knowing by the same author, Lauren Weisberger.
- In Girlfriends, Toni Childs purchases both the Birkin and Kelly bags after discovering that her plastic surgeon husband is in debt.
- A Kelly Bag plays an important role in the film Le Divorce.
- In the Sex and the City episode “Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda”, Samantha Jones drops Lucy Liu’s name to move up the waitlist for her Birkin bag.
- Wilhemina receives an Hermès scarf from Alexis in the Ugly Betty episode “Icing on the Cake“, which she treats with great disdain.
- In CW’s show Gilmore Girls, Rory receives a Birkin bag as a gift.
- The Birkin bag is featured in a Will and Grace episode
*source credit: wikipedia